What to Expect with Your International Residential Move
International moves are all too often troublesome. Rest assured we have ways to tackle the difficulties, having relocated people all around the globe from the time of our founding. Regardless of whether you’re moving from Wichita Falls to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere stateside to anywhere else – we’ll get your household where it’s got to go. We assume full responsibility for your international move all through …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can We take care of each one of these activities attendant to your move:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, especially, you’ll want to be advised quickly on what you’ll be charged for such a move. Call us. Speak with us. Let us know where you’ve got to go, when you’d like or have to go, and what sort of a move you’d like us to perform for you. Based on our considerable experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This may or may not be the final price. Additional meetings with you will help resolve that. But at least you’ll have some idea of what to expect, finance-wise, prior to committing to us.
The Home Survey
To arrive at a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we must take stock of the items you’ll be freighting. We permit you to pick from two options for accomplishing this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to confer with you on the many features of your move, do a walk-through of your home, and take that inventory of your possessions.
- By means of your mobile phone, you hook up with our estimator and conduct your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need moved.
The Written Estimate
After consulting with you and reviewing your Home Survey results, we’re ready offer a more specific, written estimate of your international moving costs. It takes into consideration everything relating to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve chosen.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which establishes locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve selected, safety and insurance provisions, what you’ll pay, and other considerations. Signing it signifies that you approve of our terms and pricing and allows us to schedule your move.
The Move Plan
To assure you of an international move that’s smooth, safe, and hassle-free, we give you a Move Concierge – your very own, dedicated representative and counselor. He or she will guide you in planning every aspect of your move. At your first discussion, your Move Concierge will …
- confirm your move dates,
- establish the addresses involved locally and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- confirm which of our services you’ll be opting,
- offer introductory guidance in what to expect from you move, and
- answer your questions.
From here on, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can depend on him or her being well apprised of the difficulties of international and alerting you fittingly – specifically on customs laws from one country to another. Besides providing you with critical information on your specific destination country, he or she also can assist you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other essential international paperwork.
Then, during the course of the move, your Move Concierge will keep you well informed of the latest developments.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date gets close, we’ll email or call you to make sure you’re still okay with proceeding per the plan. We’ll confirm dates, times, locations, and everything else regarding your setting up home in a new country.
Our packing options were set up to more fittingly match your needs and budget.
- Opt to handle all the packing by yourself; if you want, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Elect to let our movers help you pack. Or
- Choose to start packing yourself and allow us help you by packing specialty items.
By whatever method you’d like your packing taken care of, our past clients will attest that we have a solid understanding of foreign customs laws and will see that your shipments comply. That includes ensuring packed goods are loaded into the correct overseas shipping containers, as applicable.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and perform a walk-through, to get acquainted with your house and the belongings you’re freighting.
Next, they’ll take steps to protect your home while the move-out is underway. They’ll pad stair rails, sharp corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll place carpet covers to keep floors from getting soiled and carpets from snagging, especially in high-traffic areas .
In loading your possessions onto the truck, our crew will assure that moving boxes are labeled and grouped by room to help with their placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and anything else that must be disassembled will be taken apart by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew does quality checks and maintains communication with your Move Concierge throughout the loading process.
When we get your household goods safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews get it unloaded with extreme care. Included in our destination-country delivery services are …
- employing protection pads and carpet covers to keep your new home unsoiled and undamaged while we’re moving you in,
- systematic unloading – getting your belongings into the rooms you want them in, at your direction,
- putting back together whatever was broken down for the move,
- unpacking – simply let us know; we’ll handle it, and
- debris removal – where, if you want, we’ll take away all the empty moving boxes and materials when the unpacking is done.
The Post-Move Follow-up
Once we’re done with your international move, your Move Concierge will get in touch with you to ...
- analyze it with you,
- assess how well we delivered the services you chose
- address any remaining situations, and
- THANK YOU for giving us at A-1 Freeman Moving Group the privilege of serving as your moving company!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote