By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you are in the midst of moving or about to move, you're most likely aware that lots of work goes into it. From sorting through and packing your stuff to finding a moving company in Wichita Falls
and preparing everything for your new residence, moving isn’t a small task.
For moving day, the last thing you would like is for things to go wrong. Here are a few suggestions on what you might do early on to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Seven Things to Do on Moving Day to Make It Go Smoother
- Be certain someone can be present: You or maybe a trusted and responsible adult must be available for the entirety of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This helps avoid any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Wichita Falls. The movers will likely also appreciate having someone there to answer any questions and give directions.
- Clear the way: Be sure there is an unobstructed walkway heading to the front door so the movers might straightforwardly move cartons and furniture in and out. Also, remove any tripping hazards both inside and outside the house. This will help thwart any accidents or injuries.
- Review the residence: Soon after the professional movers in Wichita Falls arrive, walk around the home with them and indicate any items of special importance or belongings that shall not be going on the moving vehicle. If you have any valuable items you'll take with you on the move, be sure they are packed up and out of the way. This could include belongings like jewelry, important documents, and also family valuables. This can help to ensure that these things are handled with care and that nothing is left. Once the professional movers in Wichita Falls have completed loading the moving van, do a second walkthrough of your home to make sure all items have been accounted for.
- Put together a plan: Putting together a general plan for where you want to set your items in your new house will make the moving process much smoother. Make sure to label each and every carton with its contents and which room it belongs in so the movers can easily put everything in their correct spot. For moving day, you will want to have some essentials on hand, for example snacks, drinks, toiletries, and a change of clothes. Consider gathering up a moving day survival box. Place these things up in a bag or box so that you can quickly locate them when you need them. Additionally, be certain you are aware what moving related tasks need to be completed and when. Having a timeline can help keep things moving without issue.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: In the event you have children and/or pets, it's important to create a plan for them for moving day. Ask someone to keep an eye on them, so they won’t be in the way of the professional movers in Wichita Falls.
- Talk to your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it's nice to let them know that there will be a moving truck parked on the street and also that there might be a bit of noise and commotion throughout the day. This can help steer clear of any possible issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on the town or homeowners' association, you might require a permit to park the moving truck near your residence. Check with your local authorities to figure out if this is the case.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a chaotic and sometimes stressful time. But by using these guidelines, you can make the entire process less stressful – both for you and also your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Wichita Falls is here to assist you each and every step of the way. We are America's leading moving company in Wichita Falls, with nearly five decades of experience helping to move people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the hectic-ness out of moving day for you – contact us today!
Request a free quote