By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Are you planning to move soon? If so, you could be stressed, thinking about all the items you will need to pack. But not all that you want to transfer to your new residence can or ought to be moved by your professional movers in Wichita Falls
. Quite simply, there are some belongings that you ought to move on your own. Here are four of the key kinds of things your moving company in Wichita Falls
cannot move, coupled with some considerations and warnings and how we are able to help.
1. HAZARDOUS ITEMS
For safety reasons, moving companies keep a list of hazardous items that they cannot move. Chemicals reacting with other materials, for instance setting paint thinner in addition to weed killer collectively on a moving truck can result in a catastrophic outcome.
Some of the unsafe items that cannot be moved include those, like lighter fluid, fuel, propane tanks, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, household cleaners, pesticides or herbicides, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. You'll want to seek the advice of your moving company in Wichita Falls for a whole list.
Yet another item you should not place in a moving van is plants. In fact, there are a few states with rules, relating to specific houseplants that may or cannot traverse a state line. While unwanted pests as well as mites are not an issue in certain regions, they are considered to be incredibly hazardous in other states.
Furthermore, most moving companies do not wish to transport plants because insects that reside in the soil can easily spill into the moving truck. Even if the moving company consents to move your plants, they might not live, especially if you will be moving a long distance since plants need sunlight as well as water. In case there isn't room in your vehicle for the plants, perhaps you should give them away to your neighbors and friends.
3. VITAL DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company claims they will carry your one of a kind valuables on their moving van, it is always recommended that you keep your essential files and photographs along with you. This is because these are things that can't be easily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Wichita Falls usually pack the majority of canned food for you, but you ought to consider if this is a good idea. Needless to say, perishable food items can't be carried on a moving van. It's recommended that you get rid of your perishables in addition to foods in glass containers instead of lugging them with you.
You'll want to make room in your vehicle for even more significant belongings, and you shouldn't have to worry about accidents from leakages, cracks or mold ahead of getting to your new home. But boxed and/or canned foods, such as herbs and dried fruits could be moved. For any queries about which food items that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to take your pets along with you and discuss any unique needs your furry friend may have with your vet.
· As for alcoholic beverages, take into account that state laws pertaining to alcohol may vary, so it's advisable to not move your alcoholic beverages.
· Why not take advantage of grocery store delivery soon after getting to your new house. You can purchase via the internet for foods, paper products, cleaning supplies and other necessities.
· You may place your lawn mower on the moving van, so long as you've drained the gas and oil tanks.
· Consider that it is also dangerous for you to move hazardous things in your automobile. It's better to simply repurchase them after you arrive at your new residence. Put simply, don't take the risk of hauling them.
To make moving as smooth as it can be, get in touch to schedule an appointment and find out more about the massive amount of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote