Wichita Falls Moving Blog - Tips, Tricks, and Insider Info
January 14, 2019

Getting Your Documents Together for a Move to Wichita Falls

By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group 

Documents for MovingMoving either close by or nationwide takes a lot of coordination as well as organization, and quite a few people neglect to locate the correct documents beforehand. Here is a short reference plan for the various valuable files that you'll need regardless of whether moving local or setting up a long-distance move to Wichita Falls.

Let's face it, it isn't as if you have to have a passport and a work visa to move over the state line, although after you've assembled your entire life papers together to cross the border those are close to the only things you don't need. And the way our brains function, you'd anticipate to need all of this certification for a cross-country move, but if your move is geographically local--from Memphis only across the river to a Mississippi or Arkansas suburb, for example, it could come as a jolt that you'll require the many records.

Read on for the papers you'll more than likely need to keep convenient when moving, and approaches to obtain them should they have expired or you have misplaced the originals.

Driver's License

Despite the fact that driver's licenses will not be acceptable for federal recognition much longer, you still need a current one--you should have it in any case, but if it expired a couple weeks or a long time in the past and you figured since you're moving why make an effort, go bother. When you have to sign in at the airport, reserve a car, open up a bank account, or conduct life generally, you need a current license to accomplish this. If you are in a state in which you cannot obtain a license via the neighborhood Tag Agency same day, inquire about a paper version of your new driver's license to utilize in front of the printed version coming in the mail; that is satisfactory ID for a period of about three weeks.


Should you be moving for a new position, the probability is decent that you will have to prove US citizenship prior to getting started. It is possible to renew it by mail should you fulfill certain criteria--your name has not changed, your last one has been issued no greater than fifteen years in the past, you were a minimum of 16 during the time, amongst others--but if not, you will need to make application for a new one in person. It is possible to request an expedited passport if needed but be prepared to spend an additional $60 or so.

Birth Certificate(s)

You will need a copy for all in your family for your move to Wichita Falls. If you're unable to put your hands upon them and you reside in the county or parish in which they were supplied, a quick journey to the county offices will take care of it. If you were born anywhere else, obtain the copy through that place. Every place differs, therefore consider an internet investigation with regard to the county records the place you were born to obtain the precise directions to acquire a certified copy of your certificate of a birth. There is commonly a nominal fee involved.

Marriage License

Should you need a copy, adhere to the exact same technique you would with the birth certificate. A family Bible or even certificate from the place of worship will not be a suitable legal document.

Social Security Card(s)

Each person in your family needs a social security number and a card; if you're unable to put your hands on them you'll need to obtain replacements as quickly as possible. You can begin the job online, and also mail in the supporting papers, or alternatively you can actually proceed to the local Social Security Administration office with the documents. Copies--even notarized ones--are not adequate. You'll need photo ID and evidence of citizenship, so bring an up-to-date driver's license or passport, school, employee, or military identification card, or a medical health insurance card.

Automobile Registration

You'll have to register your automobiles with your new community and state, therefore take the current registration cards and verification of insurance to the area motor vehicles office as quickly as possible right after your move to Wichita Falls. Within a different state you'll get a different license plate and tag; if your move was intrastate your license plate and tag are acceptable, but your insurance charges could possibly change.

Medical and Shot Documents

If you've got young ones, their new schools will have to have evidence of immunization prior to registration. Having replications of the many family healthcare documents will help when you have initial appointments with new physicians.

Assemble your files together as quickly as you can before your move to Wichita Falls and keep them together. Given that you will need original documents of the majority of things, just place all the things inside a file folder and keep it along with you or in a safe and secure location during the actual move--this is one thing you don't want to lose.

If you are ready to move to Wichita Falls, let A-1 Freeman Moving Group assist. Contact us today to schedule your cost-free in-home estimate.


Request a free quote

The Mickelson Family
The Mickelson Family
Best. Move. Ever!
Very pleased with the overall respect and care the men gave to my possessions. Even mailing me very quickly the only thing lost in transit. Would recommend to anyone needing a long distant move.
Read more

Almost there...

Tell us a little more about yourself!
(Contact information is required to submit form.)