Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY GET READY: Nope, you do not need to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This tip encourages you to employ professional movers in Wichita Falls. Hiring a moving company means that you will have added support from professionals, who are experts in packing, moving things, as well as time management. Professional movers in Wichita Falls can carefully pack your home, disassemble home furnishings, and securely wrap your most breakable belongings. Having local professional movers in Wichita Falls there on your moving day is a great way to sidestep injuries. They can manage all the weighty items, leaving the easier belongings as well as simple clean-up to you.
- HAVE THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT: Using the correct moving equipment is one of the best practices to not encounter injuries on moving day. When talking to the moving company in Wichita Falls, be sure that they will be bringing equipment which will make the move simpler, like an appliance dolly. Not only should this help the moving team, but the equipment will additionally save you time, as things will be moved at a quicker pace.
- DON'T OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each and every space of your cartons could sound like a great thing, but packing them too heavy will make them harder to pick up, as well as puts a strain on the legs, arms, and back. An injury will be difficult to avoid when you lift more weight than you should handle. Also, it makes the job more difficult for everybody who is helping you to finish the move. Pack cartons properly, making certain the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Wichita Falls can work quickly and also efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a normal lifting practice and is a fantastic way to avoid injury to your neck and spine. Maintain a wide base of support, placing your feet shoulder-width apart and also flat on the ground. Then, bend down into a squat so you are mainly making use of your legs when you move upward. Lastly, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe as you lift the thing.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AS WELL AS WALKWAYS CLEAR: Even though this may sound like something elementary, quite a few people are injured when tripping over smaller things on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or chipped tooth resulting from an unnecessary fall by maintaining all walkways free from items. Whenever moving awkward items, it can be difficult to see anything that is in your path. Avoid any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest path while moving your belongings. When putting safety first, you minimize the chances of being injured.
Working with a local or long-distance moving company in Wichita Falls with professional movers is one of the best ways to save time and sidestep injuries while moving. Contact us right away for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote