Moving & Stress: Do They Have to Go Hand in Hand?
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
As a professional moving company in Wichita Falls, we have witnessed all kinds of moves, both smooth as well as chaotic, and we have a few suggestions that might help you circumvent some of the stress of moving.
· Understand that the stress is normal. Telling yourself that you aren’t stressed can make you even more stressed. Stress can be usual and natural, and sifting your way through it is going to require understanding it exists.
· Try to give yourself adequate time to accomplish what needs to be done. It takes the majority of people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. In the event you own a lot of things, then it could likely take even longer. If you require moving boxes, be sure to order or buy them well in advance as well as make a plan for if you run out. Check with your local moving company in Wichita Falls, as they might have used boxes available. You will want to also plan a day or two to clean the residence you are leaving.
· Create a plan. Figure out how you need to organize everything for the best result. Some people need lots of to-do lists, other people will look to find a moving app for their phone. Set deadlines for every portion of the move and give yourself enough time that blowing them won't equate to a catastrophe. Also, have a specific plan for what is going into each box. Label your cartons plainly as well as consistently, so you can explain those labeling system to the professional movers in Wichita Falls. Label all things that are fragile. Think about which room everything is going into in the new place and label boxes accordingly. Most professional movers in Wichita Falls will willingly put everything labeled "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Do not hesitate to ask for assistance or hire a moving company to assist. You don't have to get everything done by yourself. Recruit your friends and extended family members for help. Hire professional movers in Wichita Falls for the heavy lifting, though, instead of counting on anyone's goodwill. When you are busy and can swing it, give some thought to employing the moving company in Wichita Falls to do some or all the packing, too.
· Be okay to get rid of things. Moving is an excuse to get rid of items which might be taking up space in your home a long time out of sheer laziness. If you have a broken down piece of furniture, now might be the right time to get rid of it and purchase a replacement once you move. Old cell phones that don't work? Books you haven't read in ten years? Something you absolutely forgot you even had? Sell the things you can and donate the others.
· Make certain to allow for downtime. Moving can consume your entire life. Many folks realize they don't have time to obtain sufficient sleep during the move. Or they do not do anything but work, move, and then worry about the move. Provide some leeway in your schedule so you have time to go out for lunch, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
· When you are moving to a new neighborhood or perhaps a new town, take time to look around the new city for a bit. Spend some time looking for diners you just must try and attractions you want to visit. Create a list of the restaurants and select one you really like the idea of, then plan to eat there the day after you move when you don't have your dishes unpacked yet.
Moving can be stressful, however these guidelines could help lessen the stress and turn it into an adventure. Keep in mind that professional movers in Wichita Falls will help with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in Wichita Falls will be a great resource for all things from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, remember this is a temporary circumstance and your life will return to normal in the near future.
Request a free quote