By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
often offer a range of connected services which are created to help everyone with a seamless move. Several can offer local storage, a few will help you move certain things, and many offer a professional packing service to pack-up residences for their moving clients. As a professional moving company in Wichita Falls
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group does it all, and have helped lots of people enjoy a stress-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
Additionally, we get lots of questions in regards to professional packing and exactly what it involves. You might be wondering "Do I require help with packing?" and if so, how much do you need, and how should you confirm it? We're available to answer all the essential questions about a professional packing service for your next move to Wichita Falls.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home requires a good amount of work. Many people will need at least two months of evenings and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and completed for the moving company in Wichita Falls. But, not everyone can handle their own packing - or complete all their packing when needed. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you have the ability to do, or if your schedule has a lack of capacity for packing, it is a great idea to reserve your packing service early.
People Who Frequently Require a Packing Service
If you think you might need a packing service, don't fret, you won’t be alone. A lof of various types of people (and moves) require professional packing in order to make certain everything is finished on time, and we are happy to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Below are a few very typical examples of people who often need all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Are on a Tight Time Schedule
- Parents of Small Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Senior Citizens and Disabled Clients
- People Who Do Not Know How to Pack Sensitive Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a home typically takes between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your residence and how many things you have. As a rule of thumb, you could estimate that it should consume approximately two hours for each room in your home or additional for extra-large and extra-cluttered spots. Don't forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to obtain a fair quote on packing your home is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your residence will help the moving company in Wichita Falls to easily calculate how many hours and people it will take to pack your home within one or two days.
Whole vs Partial Packing Services
A total packing service is when professional movers in Wichita Falls pack up your whole home which includes your kitchen, clothes, toiletries, office – all your belongings. However, you can also ask for a select packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Wichita Falls just to handle bulky item disassembly and wrapping to be certain it is done properly. Some ask their movers only to pack dishes and delicate belongings, because movers know how it should be done and will have all the proper materials.
Select packing services will make it possible to secure the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by splitting the difference between your own time and effort and the rapid expertise of your moving company in Wichita Falls.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you employ a professional packing service, what can you expect? Professional packing typically requires between one and two days of work, most of the time scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers may start to gently box all your things based on their location.
- Packing a Room at a Time
- Professional packing usually tackles one room at a time, and every box is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will proceed shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms will be easy to assemble while you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you will want to remain on site to provide oversight and answer questions. Packers might ask you about broken belongings, categories, or what labels to utilize. They might have specific questions regarding how you require them to pack certain belongings or areas.
- If you can’t be physically present, keep your phone on hand to answer questions remotely, and you might want a proxy available in person.
- Expert Packing and Precise Labeling
- One of the greatest benefits of professional packing is that each carton will be a perfect fit. Years of experience and all the right packing materials mean that your moving crew knows how to pack a carton so that it will stack securely in the moving truck and unpack in order on arrival. They will additionally normally label your cartons so you can locate certain belongings and assemble rooms when you arrive.
- Stacking Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The final step is stacking your cartons for the arrival of the moving truck. You can ask the professional movers in Wichita Falls to leave cartons in the rooms for which they were packed, or to stack everything in the garage for quick, efficient moving van loading when the time comes.
How Do You Get Ready for a Packing?
How do you prepare if professional packers will be arriving soon? You can make the day less stressful and the packing more organized with some prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Be sure you have clean dishes and put away or hung up laundry when you are asking your professional movers in Wichita Falls to pack up the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Proper Rooms
- When the house is packed and unpacked, it is usually done by room. While you do not have to fully clean up, placing items in their rightful area is a surefire method to be certain they wind up in the correct carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Empty your pantry one way or the other. Dare your family to come up with pantry-emptying meal ideas and donate all that is left. Apart from a few spices and dry goods, there's no need to pack and move your food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Lastly, list any items you are concerned about to chat about with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move in the near future, you might not have the time or desire to perform all the packing alone - and that's OK. Full-service professional movers in Wichita Falls like A-1 Freeman Moving Group has professional packing services. Contact us today to discuss the packing services your move might need.
Request a free quote