By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving to Wichita Falls
really doesn't have to be stressful and bring you to the fringe of an anxiety attack. This is not to say it's a time of Zen in your life, however with a little planning and then some backup arranging, your move shall be positive, and you will continue to be sane.
Here are several additional moving mishaps that can take the pleasure away from your move, and the way to prevent them.
Employ A Trustworthy Moving Company Soon
The instant you know your new address, start meeting with moving companies. This isn't the time to cheap out with 1 or 2 lads plus a beat-up truck--splurge on a professional mover in Wichita Falls. They'll provide the following, and you can now cross these tasks from your list.
· Well-maintained equipment--trucks that go through routine servicing (check-ups, tire rotation, brake assessments) and are completely road-worthy
· Professional crews which understand how to wrap, load, place home furniture in the moving van, and reverse the system at your new residence.
· An insured team and equipment--if a mover gets injured, the moving company in Wichita Falls handles the healthcare bills
· Professional packing in case you are really bogged down. Should you prefer a few specialty things packed or crated, they can take care of that for you, to help you be assured your valuable items will arrive in one piece.
· Ask for a list of guidelines of the items they can't by law move--chemicals, plants, and paint are on the list, among others. You wouldn't want to learn at the last second that your prized bonsai plant has to remain behind.
· Expect an agreement and a written quote.
· Make sure your mover has a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) license.
Employ the Crew, As Well
All your chums say, without a doubt, they are going to help you load the moving van. That is wonderful--if you're moving a fairly short distance and so they will assist you to unload, too. Plus, if you are ready to risk injury, scheduling issues, and other slight challenges to your moving day.
Hiring professional movers in Wichita Falls guarantees a crew who gets there promptly, understands what they're engaging in, can drive the moving van, and you're able to rely on to move your belongings safely. They'll additionally unload all your stuff and set it in the new home--and that's really worth the expense.
Move That Which You Love and Actually Use
The "if-you-haven't-worn-it-in-six-months-get-rid-of-it" principle truly applies when you're moving. Take into account that every single carton you pack and move has some expense related to it, and that adds up quickly when you're looking at many cartons. Get rid of old blankets, kitchen gadgets, playthings, furniture--everything that you do not use, do not like, or don't need.
There's A Snowstorm Coming--or a Typhoon
The one thing even the most organized among us are unable to manage is the weather. Check out the forecast and employ a Plan B in the event you are trapped in terrible rain, snow, or wind. Coordinate with the moving company in Wichita Falls a couple of days in advance if it appears unsafe to pack up and drive and reschedule if you must. Should you be moving a long distance, arrange hotel rooms along the route. Your realtor will understand if you cannot be out of the home on time; terrible weather affects everyone, so the new residents will not have the capacity to get there either. Do not attempt to beat the weather event--they normally win. Moving companies are not going to risk their crews or equipment in dangerous weather; the great thing is that it generally goes by in a day or two.
Place the Pets in Daycare
Your pets understand when you are troubled, add to that the vanishing things and they can truly get distressed. Board your household pets the day before the movers come and pick them up on the way out of town. Load up their beds, food, water, and toys for the trip and make them your last task.
Now buckle up, chill out, and enjoy a disaster-free journey to your new house.
Request a free quote