by Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Great job, you're the intelligent person who lined up your moving company in Wichita Falls
early, walked through your house with a moving company
rep to determine how many trucks and workers you require, and appropriately packed and labeled your boxes.
So now, did you read the fine print on the written agreement? In case you did not look at the total thing, and quite a few folks don't get past the date ranges and numbers before their eyeballs glaze over, find it, take a seat, and look at it at this moment. Fill another cup of coffee if you wish to, however when you arrive at the part about what the professional movers in Wichita Falls won't be able to have on the moving van, likelihood is really good that contract will certainly have your complete attention.
What You Cannot Transport
Which of these is NOT allowed on a moving truck? Are any of these unlawful for the crew to load and move, or is it simply company policy? The answer is a quite uncomplicated, it depends.
· Yucca Plant
The only thing mentioned above that could go on the moving truck would be the lawn mower--if the oil and gas reservoirs have been completely drained. Indoor plants generally are unable to cross state lines--that's a legal issue--and moving companies in Wichita Falls would not like any insects residing in leaves or the soil jumping ship on the moving van itself.
Fireworks are forbidden.
Moving companies won't be liable for valuables on the moving truck. Your homeowner’s insurance could cover any material losses, but most likely is not going to replace lost cash. Get it to the bank and recover it after you're settled or carry it with you.
What is considered Illegal to Transfer
So, the list of the items it's not possible to pack and load isn't such a bore, in any case. These are some other things that movers won't load, as well as the main reasons why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and could hypothetically place the lives of the staff and the equipment on the line, is prohibited. So, a garden tractor with an empty gas/oil reservoir is fine, however an aerosol can of disinfectant will not be.
· House plants--a number of states have policies on what houseplants can cross the state line. Insects as well as pests that aren't a concern in a few states are massive threats in others, therefore leave your houseplants for the neighborhood friends or give them to your friends. In case you are bringing the planting containers, wash them with bleach before you load them.
· Alcohol--rules fluctuate among states. Stay safe and have an empty the bar occasion before you move.
What Nearly all Company Policies Forbid
Just about every professional mover in Wichita Falls has its own set of banned objects, nevertheless these are the normal things you can expect to leave behind or carry yourself.
Chemical substances are defined by their ability to interact with other matter and change the form and substance of that matter. Simply put, this means that should you put bleach and paint thinner on the moving truck jointly and they happen to interact under force or high temperature, seriously terrible things can occur. And in case you believe a few bottles of nail polish and remover along with a chemistry set is not going to pack enough of a wallop to matter, you would be wrong. Therefore Don't pack the subsequent.
· Household Cleaners
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes fingernail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, and Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Food products
Don’t forget that grocery delivery is a marvellous thing--order on the internet and have your cleaning materials, paper goods, and food items delivered soon once you have reached your new home.
When you have any questions regarding some things, check with your moving company in Wichita Falls ahead of moving day, especially if you need to make other plans for transport or charitable donations.
Click HERE for A-1 Freeman Moving Group’s list of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote