Getting Your Documents Together for a Move to Wichita Falls

By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group 

Documents for MovingMoving either close by or a fair distance demands a great deal of planning and organization, and quite a few people neglect to round up the appropriate records in advance. Here is a quick reference guide regarding the various valuable files that you will need whether moving local or setting up a long-distance move to Wichita Falls.

Truth be told, it isn't as if you must have a passport plus a work visa to transfer across the state line, but once you've gathered all of your life documents together to go over the border those are about the only things you do not need. And how our brains operate, you'd expect to need this documentation for a cross-country move, however if your move is geographically local--from Memphis just over the river to a Mississippi or Arkansas suburb, as an illustration, it might come as a surprise that you must have all of the files.

Here are files you're going to almost certainly want to keep on hand while moving, and approaches to obtain them if they've expired or maybe you've misplaced the originals.

Driver's License

Despite the fact that driver's licenses won't be suitable for federal recognition much longer, you will still have to have a active one--you should have it in any case, however if it expired a couple weeks or perhaps a few months ago and you figured since you are moving why take the time, go make the effort. If you wish to check in at the airport, reserve a vehicle, open a bank account, or do life generally speaking, you have to have a current driver's license to do so. In case you are in a state in which you cannot obtain a license through the neighborhood Tag Agency same day, ask for a paper version of the new license to utilize in front of the hard copy showing up in the mailbox; this can be acceptable identification for a period of about three weeks.


If you're moving for a new job, the probability is decent that you will have to document US citizenship before starting. It is possible to renew it by mail when you meet specified factors--your name has not changed, your last one has been issued not more than 15 years ago, that you were no less than 16 at that time, amongst others--however if not, you'll have to apply for a new one in person. You can apply for an expedited passport if necessary but be prepared to pay an additional $60 or so.

Birth Certificate(s)

You will need a copy for all in your family for your move to Wichita Falls. If you can't put your hands upon them and you live in the area or parish whereby they were all supplied, a simple stop by at the county offices will handle it. If perhaps you were born somewhere else, request the duplicate via that place. Every place is unique, therefore take a crack at an internet lookup for the county records the place you were born to obtain the specific instructions to get a certified reproduction of your certificate of a birth. There is usually a minimal fee involved.

Marriage License

Should you need a copy, adhere to the same procedure you would for the birth certificate. A household Bible or even certificate from your place of worship isn't a suitable legal document.

Social Security Card(s)

Everybody in your family will need to have a social security number as well as a card; if you're unable to put your hands on them you're going to need to get replacements without delay. You can start the task online, and also send in the supporting papers, or alternatively you could go to the nearest Social Security Administration office with your paperwork. Copies--even notarized ones--will not be adequate. You need to have photo ID and evidence of citizenship, therefore take an up-to-date driver's license or passport, school, employee, or military identification card, or a medical insurance card.

Auto Registration

You are going to need to register your automobiles with your new city and state, consequently bring your existing registration cards and proof of insurance coverage to the nearby DMV at the earliest opportunity following your move to Wichita Falls. In a different state you'll get a new license plate and tag; if the move was within the same state your current license plate and tag are acceptable, however your insurance premiums might change.

Health and Immunization Files

Should you have young ones, their new schools will have to have proof of immunization in advance of registration. Having replications of the many household healthcare files can help when you've got initial appointments with new physicians.

Gather all of your files together as quickly as you can in advance of your move to Wichita Falls and keep them together. Given that you'll need original documents of most things, simply place everything in a file folder and keep it with you or in a safe and secure location during the actual move--this is something you won't want to lose.

If you are ready to move to Wichita Falls, let A-1 Freeman Moving Group assist. Contact us today to schedule your cost-free in-home estimate.


Request a free quote